Happy New Year!
A few notes:
1) Big Vinnie is now our new Chaplain. His contact info is on the Team 555 roster. Pastor Burt Kincaid is still helping while Bob Slivatz is Chaplain Emeritus.
2) The Holiday Meeting and Dinner was great. New pictures are on the Member Activities page.
3) Bob Slivatz is preparing to host a gathering in the Richmond AO to view 12 Strong as an SF group.
4) More meeting minutes have been posted.
5) The motorcycle recon team patch is now available. For details, contact Jon Luker.
Special Forces Association Michigan Chapter 55 Mission Statement:
The mission of the Michael F. May Memorial Chapter is to unite all persons who are currently or have been assigned to the United States Army Special Forces. The chapter works to perpetuate the Special Forces traditions; to commemorate fittingly, the memory of Special Forces troops who have given or shall give their lives in defense of the Free World; to educate its members and the citizens of the United States in the development of Special Forces and to keep them aware of new developments in the field of Special Forces as is consistent with security regulations; to encourage a closer bond with other members of the chapter and friendly spirit of mutual cooperation; to advance and promote the general welfare and prosperity of chapter members and to improve by all lawful means their status and condition within their communities; to be a source of inspiration and esprit de corps for all Special Forces units.
- If you are an active duty or former SF soldier not familiar with our SFA chapter and your first contact with us is online, we would be pleased to hear from you.
- In brief, you should know the following about us: Chapter LV was established in 1991 and has provided outstanding service ever since. Our membership AO includes both the lower and upper peninsulas of Michigan as well as former SF’ers in West Virginia, Indiana, Georgia, Pennsylvania, northern Ohio, Florida, Illinois, and the United Kingdom.